Complete el siguiente formulario si desea recibir noticias, consejos e información relevante para su mascota.
Looking to unsubscribe? Click Here.
1. Ensure all equipment is clean and sterile before use, preferably by soaking in a sterilising solution.
2. Mix Lactol milk powder as directed and allow to cool to body temperature.
3. Fill the blunt-ended syringe with Lactol and gently press the plunger to ensure the liquid is flowing.
4. It is a good idea to support the animal in a towel. This helps restrain limbs if necessary and absorb any spillages.
5. Squeeze a bead of liquid onto the tip of the syringe and touch on the animals tongue. This should feel like a nipple and trigger swallowing, in which case continue until the animal seems content.
6. Be prepared to repeat this every 2-3 hours until the animal is strong enough to feed from a bottle. Additional Information: If this method does not work, then fill the tapered tip syringe. Gently insert into the animals mouth, and release a few drops into the cheek, and allow to swallow.
If you have a question about your pet and need some expert advice, here's where to ask!