The Beaphar Gentle Leader® is a unique, patented design that has been scientifically developed to work with your dog's natural instincts in order to control unwanted pulling on the lead. The Beaphar Gentle Leader® provides kind and effective leadership, and makes training at home quick, simple and fun for both you and your dog.
Why Choose the Beaphar Gentle Leader®?
1. Gentle pressure is transferred to the back of the neck, naturally stimulating a relaxation response (the same as when a mother carries a puppy by the scruff of its neck).
2. Gentle pressure is applied around the muzzle from the nose loop, communicating your reassuring control.
3. It works like a halter rope – where the nose goes, the body will follow.
Unsure which size Beaphar Gentle Leader® is right for your dog? We've created a useful breed guide below:
- Jack Russell
- Lhasa Apso
- Border Terrier
- Also suitable for Puppies
- Cocker & Springer Spaniels
- German Shepherd
- Large German Shepherd
- Large Labrador
- Great Dane
How to fit the Beaphar Gentle Leader®
4. You should be able to squeeze one finger underneath the neck strap. This will appear to fit more snugly than a normal collar, but your dog will still be comfortable, able to pant easily and show no signs of distress or discomfort. The correct fit will prevent the Beaphar Gentle Leader® rotating around your dog’s neck.
The adjustable sliding clamp is the most technically advanced element of the Beaphar Gentle Leader® and is not designed to be repeatedly opened and closed. If put under habitual stress in this way it is liable to break.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beaphar Gentle Leader®
How does the
Beaphar Gentle Leader®
The nose loop goes around the dog’s nose & jaw and acts in the same way as a pack-leader’s mouth – this is a clear signal to the dog that you are the leader.
The neck strap puts pressure on the back of the neck which causes an instinctive relaxation response when the dog tries to pull forwards. The dog will instinctively lean back against the pressure, putting an end to pulling on the lead forever.
Traditional collars put pressure on the front of the throat, causing dogs to keep pulling even while choking.
Beaphar Gentle Leader® does not choke your dog. It has been scientifically designed to direct the dog’s entire body by controlling its head & nose – and wherever it’s nose goes its body will follow.
What are the benefits of using a Beaphar Gentle Leader®?
Through its calming effect Beaphar Gentle Leader®, can help shy, nervous or fearful dogs to relax and gain greater confidence. It will also calm boisterous dogs of all sizes.
Beaphar Gentle Leader® enables dogs to be trained to be sociable and obedient, calmly, quickly and effectively. Makes training at home quick, simple & fun – helping create a positive and joyful relationship with the owner. Even whilst wearing a Beaphar Gentle Leader® dogs can still eat, drink, bark, pant, etc.
When happy with the level of control, Beaphar Gentle Leader® can easily and simply be converted into an ordinary collar simply by using the neck strap as you would an ordinary collar and using the nose loop as an extension of the lead.